2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum (https://www.gladiatorowners.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Talk & Lounge (https://www.gladiatorowners.com/forum/7-jeep-talk-lounge/)
-   -   Jeep Trackhawk beats a Ford GT on the strip (https://www.gladiatorowners.com/forum/7-jeep-talk-lounge/1831-jeep-trackhawk-beats-ford-gt-strip.html)

Tailgate 09-25-2018 10:12 AM

Jeep Trackhawk beats a Ford GT on the strip

In an effort to promote their latest HPE1000 package for the Trackhawk, Hennessey has dropped some new footage of the TH outperforming a Ford GT in the 1/4 mile. It's really impressive what this company has been able to achieve with their tunes, but I have heard mixed things about the reliability of their products.

Offroader 09-25-2018 04:59 PM

As cool a s these tests are there's little point in doing them unless we're doing a more apples to apples test.
Put the trackhawk on a road course track with the Ford GT and it will be a different story

FourbyFour 09-26-2018 10:12 AM

Goes to show that with enough power, you can even get a brick to fly. It wouldn't even be a race in a course with twists and turns. You can even see towards the end of the sprint that the GT was already catching up.

Offroader 09-26-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourbyFour (Post 24619)
Goes to show that with enough power, you can even get a brick to fly. It wouldn't even be a race in a course with twists and turns. You can even see towards the end of the sprint that the GT was already catching up.

GC's aren't that bad. They actually included some brilliant aerodynamics into the design. Hard to believe but the GC is as best as it gets in an SUV.

Overlander 09-27-2018 10:29 AM

Even if the TH can't compete on a course, we're talking about vehicles of very different weights and price brackets here. It's really impressive what FCA has delivered with the Trackhawk, even in stock configuration.

Tailgate 09-28-2018 10:04 AM

The base Trackhawk is starting just south of $90k, so its not like its a cheap vehicle either. I'd have a hart time justifying spending that kind of money on an SUV, even with the Hellcat V8.

Offroader 09-30-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 24635)
The base Trackhawk is starting just south of $90k, so its not like its a cheap vehicle either. I'd have a hart time justifying spending that kind of money on an SUV, even with the Hellcat V8.

a lot of people have so far and that says a lot, I remember following AllPar and some forums as the TH made its appearance and moved into the hands of consumers. when German car makers essentially proved it can work, it left a void to be filled in cheaper price ranges.

FourbyFour 10-03-2018 10:46 AM

There are rumors that the new Wagoneer will also be a premium product, expected to break the $100k barrier. While Jeep does have a bit of a cult following, I feel like there are far better SUV's to be had for that money.

Overlander 10-10-2018 10:27 AM

I don't feel like the premium segment is one that Jeep should pursue. Until they can properly address the build quality and reliability concerns around their products, I think its going to be a tough ask.

Offroader 10-10-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlander (Post 24661)
I don't feel like the premium segment is one that Jeep should pursue. Until they can properly address the build quality and reliability concerns around their products, I think its going to be a tough ask.

IMO they should only target it to the extent Ford has and there's no doubt they've seen success with various products.
Back when pick-up's became more mainstream and not just as workhorses, Ford was one of the first to lux it up, the rest followed.