Is This A Glimpse Of The Wrangler Pickup? - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Is This A Glimpse Of The Wrangler Pickup?

Last week, a few images from a Jeep dealer meeting made their way onto AutoBlog and readers probably assumed that they’re looking at the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. But what if the leaked image is of the upcoming Wrangler pickup?

The front facia may scream Wrangler, but you may begin to doubt your earlier assumption after taking a closer look. Other models from the leaked Jeep lineup image prominently features a rear glass windshield and D-pillars, but the same features seem to be missing from the Wrangler images. Perhaps they’re missing because what we’re looking at is the tailgate of the JL pickup.

What does make us hesitate in proclaiming the leaked image as the Wrangler pickup, is the grille design and the tailgate-mounted spare tire. In previous spy shots, the grille looks to have 6 slots instead of the iconic Wrangler 7 and it is divided into two parts. Also, a fold down tailgate instead of a swing out tailgate would make the pickup more usable, but that won’t happen is there’s a spare tire blocking the way.

We really won’t know until either the Wrangler JL or its pickup variant is revealed, but it should be a short wait as we’re expecting the 2018 Wrangler JL to debut in the coming months.

What does everyone think? Are we looking at the Wrangler JL or Jeep’s latest pickup?
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:45 AM

I was worried they might include something or some things that look too much like what the Renegade has and wheels are one of them. That spare looks too much like one set of wheels the Renegade comes with.

Safe to say that's one area future Wrangler owners will be targeting first.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Let's hope that's all it's getting from the Renegade. I'm more worried about the tail lights I think. That image looks like a dulled out version of the Renegade's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Let's hope that's all it's getting from the Renegade. I'm more worried about the tail lights I think. That image looks like a dulled out version of the Renegade's
Well to be fair the Renegade has a number of good things going on that should be spread to future Jeep models and a laundry list of things that should just remain unique to it alone. MySky Roof is one thing we're getting, doubt anyone can complain about it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 01:48 PM

Okay that I can definitely agree on is pretty darn cool. Being able to retract the roof and pull it off completely if need be.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 06:44 PM

So looking at pictures of the Renegades tail lights it looks like some hints are going on here to an extent that suits the Wrangler very well. Hopefully what we see here is what we're getting

For reference:

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Even if they don't end up being the Renegade tail lights, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to retro-fit them on to there. A nice little DIY project ?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:29 AM

At the very least, we'll be getting the square shape from the Renegade taillights. I still think that leaked image is the next Wrangler, just with the top off because that rear mounted wheel isn't something you often see on a pickup.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickMeUp View Post
At the very least, we'll be getting the square shape from the Renegade taillights. I still think that leaked image is the next Wrangler, just with the top off because that rear mounted wheel isn't something you often see on a pickup.
Can't believe I missed that, and it's a very good point because if they were to make a spare wheel/tire available it would more than likely mount underneath. If it's optional I won't get it, just stick with a tire patch kit and sign up for some good roadside assistance membership.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Snap you're right. How would the tail gate drop if there's a wheel on it ?!

What sucks is literally the only difference you would see would be that spare wheel, and everyone just seemed to overlook that lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page