Wrangler Based Pickup Confirmed - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Wrangler Based Pickup Confirmed

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has recently revised their business plan and one of the actions planned for the future is to produce Jeep pickup truck. Maybe 2017 is a bit optimistic for the Wrangler Pickup but we could be seeing it towards the end of the decade when the Wrangler diesel variant is supposed to arrive.

Autoguide speculates that the Wranglerís diesel engine could be the 3.0L unit thatís already being offered in the Ram pickup, maybe the same one could be found in the future Wrangler-based pickup. Even though FCA believes that the low gas prices is a permanent condition in the NAFTA and U.S. region, they are still moving towards a future of increase fuel economy in order to meet stricter CO2 demands. Also supporting the engine sharing theory is the fact that FCA is trying to accomplish the revised business plan within their existing plant infrastructure (no new greenfield plants) so the pickup and diesel variant could potentially be built in the same plant.

Other fuel saving features that FCA may implement could include a body construction of high strength steel and aluminum in order to reduce the overall body weight. They could even add an active aero system to reduce drag.

Are you excited for the new Jeep pickup?
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Wrangler pickup had the Hellcat under it's hood? I doubt it's going to happen but one can hope.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Nah, I think the Hellcat is only going to be in the Jeep trackhawk for 1-2 year run. Going to end before the pickup comes out.

What I'm interested to see is the tow rating. I want t truck that can go off-road but still work just as well as a normal pickup truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 09:54 PM

Doubt they can make the case for a Hellcat truck although that would be cool. It might end up being a one-off project though, whether that be from Jeep, an individual or some small company.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 04:44 PM

Ford made a Shelby F 150 so I'd say a Hellcat truck is within the realm of possibility.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 05:01 PM

RAM also made an SRT-10 Truck once, but that didn't last long.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 03:20 PM

It was just wishful thinking since the Hellcat engine in Jeeps will end with the Trackhawk. They're probably doing to use something already existing in a pickup truck.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:22 PM

They better since Ford came out with the Raptor and that turned out to be a success. Although RAM has the Rebel, it still is nothing like what the Raptor accomplished.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:26 AM

According to the Detroit News, the Wrangler Pickup is expected to begin production in late 2019, so we may not see them in dealerships until 2020. Another 3 years of waiting for us I guess...
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:42 PM

That's a bit of a shock since with all these spy shots and developments happening with the JT/Scrambler and then the JL (that we've seen recently) it seems like JL and JT launches would be happening around the same time.

However I can see how JL launching first can set the stage for JT's.

Not going to be an easy wait.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page