Jeep Wrangler Pickup Spy Shots Reveal New Lighting Details - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Wrangler Pickup Spy Shots Reveal New Lighting Details

Unlike the usual spy shots we’ve been seeing, this latest batch reveals a front facia with slightly less camouflage, an interior featuring what seems to be removable panels, and a rear with what may be placeholder lights.

Undergoing testing on public roads, the new Wrangler based pickup was spotted with a portion of it’s front uncovered. Giving us a peak at the same circular headlights as those used on the Wrangler JL, The Scrambler should come with LED lighting. There’s also the familiar vertical grille slats iconic to the brand, fog lights in the bumper and fender mounted LED turn signals.

At the rear are taillights that looks like they were lifted straight from the previous-generation JK Wrangler, but AutoBlog thinks they’re just there as placeholders for the new model’s hourglass shaped lights. A likely scenario considering how similar the headlights are.

A few shots of the interior were taken as well and there’s nothing all that notable about the dashboard, which is a hodgepodge of pieces from the parts bin. What did capture out attention was the roll cage that looks suspiciously like the Wrangler JK’s. It even has the same latches holding down the roof panels, meaning the production model will be offered with a removable roof.

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 07:05 PM

I don't see why they would use anything different from the current JL. When you look at what people want out of these, things like lighting take a back seat.
Down the road I can see myself getting some aftermarket set .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Yeah I don't really understand why this is surprising to anyone. Why would Jeep invest into brand new lighting for the Scrambler, when it already shares so many components with the JL. I do think Jeep should have changed those taillights years ago, as they are nearly identical to what was offered on models 10 years ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 11:30 AM

From what we're seeing, the new Scrambler pickup is pretty much a Jeep Wrangler JL with a truck bed, that's what these new spy shots are hinting at with the lights and roof. Which is fine considering how nice the JL is.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Sometimes car makers include slightly different features from model to model even if already there's a lot shared. Scrambler-specific tail lights would be great and come to little added cost to Jeep
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM

I don't know why they didn't convert the tail lights to LED's at the same time they swapped to the halo design with the headlights. Guess we can always look to aftermarket to modernize some of the Scramblers features.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM

During testing stages there are far more important things to be focused on so its easy to see why that wasn't the case here.
Come time to get one, if they have boring tail lights I will first look towards Mopar then aftermarket brands.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 AM

There are already aftermarket LED's you can buy for the Wrangler, and seeing as how the stock lights look pretty identical on the Scrambler, they'll probably be compatible on it as well. I think it makes a significant difference in making the vehicle look more modern.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:05 PM

LED's alone won't be enough for me, but a design that also makes it look modern. The GClass is a great example of this. Done the other way around, the G Class (even 2018 models) would look aged.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Sure looks like this will be the only option we have for tail lights. Just recently more spy shots went out and the same tail lights are present.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page