Jeep Scrambler Tow Rating Leaked - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Scrambler Tow Rating Leaked

Some may be aware of the leaked owner and user manuals for the upcoming Wrangler JL. Now we have the Wrangler pickup’s tow rating spreadsheet courtesy of Jalopnik.

Also known as the Scrambler, Jeep’s upcoming pickup should be offered with two engine options; a 3.6-liter Pentastar gas V-6 and a 3.0-liter diesel V-6. Looking at the leaked document, there are two distinct sections. One has the word NAFTA written vertically and as it stands for North American Free Trade Agreement, we can assume that these models are U.S. spec.

Depending on the trim and engine, the Scrambler has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 6,075 to 6,500 pounds. That allowance accounts for the vehicle’s own weight, passengers, fuel, accessories, and cargo but excludes trailers. Similar to its GVWR, the Scrambler’s payload is also engine and trim specific with base models rated at 1,400 pounds and premium at 1,100 pounds.

For those who likes to take their boat or trailer out, the Wrangler based pickup can tow up to 6,500 pounds. This applies to every trim and engine option available.

They’ve also managed to calculate the vehicle’s curb weight by subtracting the maximum payload from the GVWR, which equals to 4,675 pounds for the base trim 3.6L Pentastar.

Of course Jeep has refused to comment on the anonymously provided document, so we may have to look at this information with a grain of salt.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 11:20 AM

The payload numbers are pretty disappointing...That's like an entry level 4Runner's 1,500 lb.
I guess it's the price we pay for a more versitile pickup and they take into account the amount of accessories you'll be adding, like a hefty winch or bumpers.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 01:54 PM

Well, that works for me, cause I was expecting even lower payload numbers. From the first announcement about Scrambler, it seemed clear to me that Jeep will have tonnes of work with this model in the future. Remember it's just the first generation vehicle, let them understand what their potential buyers looking to get from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 02:52 PM

I bet they know what will be the result of the towing capacity noted here which means a demographic that might not push it as much as the RAM's and F Trucks. But its still very practical, up the same level i have been seeing most F150, RAM 1500 and Silverado drivers using their trucks for. So is it really that bad?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page