Bruiser Honcho - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Bruiser Honcho

Bruiser Conversions have always gone above any beyond with their projects, and this new Honcho is no exception. Unlike some of their recent 6X6's this retains the regular 4X4 setup, but with a retro look to it. Its available with two different engine options including an LS3 V8 from GM or a Cummings turbodiesel, and apparently at max tune can deliver upwards of 690hp.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:29 AM

Dig the retro inspired look, though I can only imagine what this kind of conversion would cost. Really don't see the need for that kind of power in a Wrangler, but I know these things are made for off road enthusiasts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 PM

I like the hints of the old Wagoneer taking place here and thus can't wait for the NEW Wagoneer to come out. Getting jacked with bigger rubber like some of the Lexus LX's and GX's i've seen will be interesting.

Not a fan of making a Wrangler look like something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:19 AM

I think the chances of us seeing similar retro mods on the Scrambler are quite high. I for one would really like to see a Legacy variant that paid tribute to this models origin.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Really all they would need to do visually is change up the front grille and hood. The first special edition of the JL is a bit disappointing, but hopefully the next variant is better.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:15 AM

I think they were a bit overconfident to brand something MOAB, without making the necessary modifications. But it is at least a good sign that we are see new editions this early on in the JL's release.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:33 PM

Jeep has always offered special trims with the Wrangler and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Scrambler get something.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 10:01 AM

They have a large plethora of old editions to choose from, but I would like to see some new offerings for the Scrambler. Odds are its already going to get the Wranglers traditional trim levels.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 12:06 PM

I do think that FCA would be wise to distinguish the Scrambler from the Wrangler a bit more. By sharing components and nameplates they risk underselling the capabilities of their new pickup.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page