Awesome custom builds - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Awesome custom builds

I just came across an awesome Instagram account that I wanted to share with you guys. Its mostly crazy custom conversions, and they have some pretty wild builds up already. Here's one example of a very modified Bruiser kit.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:02 PM

I was always a fan of what AEV did by coming out with the Brute. Who knows, maybe this time around they'll focus on customization packages. It would create a better platform for personalizing it to your liking or as something you keep very close to its configured spec.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:32 PM

Anyone who is doing these kinds of modifications, probably isn't using their Wrangler as a dd. I could only imagine what they ride would be like on something with this kind of wheel setup. Looks great, but its only really practical as a show vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM

There are quite a few Bruiser conversions scattered through this page. I agree though that a lot of these customs builds are above and beyond what would be considered 'normal' modifications. Really speaks to the culture we see around these vehicles though, and for all we know the Scrambler could see the same interest.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Anyone who is doing these kinds of modifications, probably isn't using their Wrangler as a dd. I could only imagine what they ride would be like on something with this kind of wheel setup. Looks great, but its only really practical as a show vehicle.
You would be surprised by how many people do drive around like this and in similar challenging ways every single day. Same thing happens for smaller passenger cars part of the whole stance scene.
At least in this case it comes down to poorer ride quality which to some off road enthusiasts isn't a bad thing.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 10:36 AM

Not only would these kinds of tire setups impact your turning radius, but it'll probably also significantly reduce your fuel economy. I'm sure some people think this looks 'cool' but I cant even see it being very capable for off roading either. Got to love those mall crawlers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 07:18 PM

Stress on the drivetrain is a big one. The only exceptions in that respect is if its just for show (think SEMA) and the vehicle is being driven in a manner that creates the least amount of stress.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

You can immediately tell from these builds which are purpose built off roaders and which are just for show. I'm guessing that most of these owners have multiple wheel sets, depending on their needs.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Its not like these tires are slicks. Even with their smaller profile, we are seeing some fairly aggressive tread patterns here. I just wouldn't want to risk damaging those probably crazy expensive rims.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:24 PM

I have seen people drive on similar setups every day. Some people just love the style so much they bare the downsides whether it actually matters to them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page