Scramblers rumored base price - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Scramblers rumored base price

According to a recent article from gmauthority, the upcoming Scrambler could arrive with a $45,000 base price. That would slot it above the Colorado ZR2, which starts just above $40k. This would also make it substantially more expensive than the new Wrangler, which I'm sure most of us were anticipating. Thoughts?
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 10:40 AM

That is slightly high in my opinion, but I think as a Jeep product FCA could probably get away with it. It also depend on what standard features they plan on offering and what sort of warranty that'll come with it.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM

That doesn't make sense to me at all when all its rivals have a base price of mid $20k's to. Even worse is that trucks like the RAM 1500, F-150 and so on start in the low to mid $30k range. Ask yourself where does the Scrambler fit in to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

While that base price may limit interest in the truck, keep in mind at that figure that its only around $2k more than the JL Wrangler Rubicon. Though if FCA really wants to sell this thing in volume, it would be wise to start at a lower base price, more comparable to rivals. Hopefully this implies its coming well equipped in base trim.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:43 AM

I do understand that there are those who will pay a premium because of the Jeep badge and what the Scrambler has to offer compared to competing pickups, but $45,000 just seems a tad excessive for an entry-level trim and then you have fees, taxes, and that's not counting the optional features one would want to add. Hopefully the rumored pricing is wrong.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM

Well its also important to keep in mind that the Scrambler will likely be far more capable off road than any of the other pickups in the segment. FCA should charge more for this potential, even if the vast majority of owners will never use it. I think the problem is that Jeep has gotten used to existing in a segment that has very little competition for them, and its an entirely different ball game with pickups.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Personally I think the a Rubicon model could easily sell for $45k, but they are probably better off with in the $30's for the base model. Last thing they want to do is discourage new buyers with an over aggressive pricing strategy.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 11:56 AM

Around $30k seems more than reasonable for a base model with a manual transmission. Hitting the $40k mark should be reserved for the top trim models or else people will look elsewhere even if they don't compare to the Scrambler performance wise.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 10:48 AM

I do hope that Jeep offers a manual transmission on the Scrambler, because that would make it one of the only pickups on the market with one. Seeing as how it's largely based on the Wrangler platform, its almost a guarantee isn't it?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Now that the U.S. is hitting other countries with steel and aluminium tariffs, thus sparking a trade war, the Scrambler's pricing is now more volatile than ever especially for global markets. If other countries decide to hit America where it hurts, then it could affect automobile tariffs as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page