Can you identify these tires? - Page 4 - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Of course you can't just throw anything on there, that would be foolish. Diameter, width, offset, etc. should all be in line with what will come on production. The style really has nothing to do with it at all of course. Weight is also something that has to be considered when it comes to wheels.
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Yes, weight is especially important due to the whole rotational mass thing along with Jeeps overall efforts to cut weight. Even if its a few pounds, a few pounds taken out of 30+ things makes a real difference.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Looks like the Wrangler pickup mule is now testing with a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T tires instead of the same Goodyear Wrangler tires used on Wrangler prototypes. I'm guessing either Jeep is indecisive on what tires they want to use or these are for a higher trim and what we're looking at is not the standard pickup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

That might be the standard tire offered, I'm saying that looking at how good of an off-road and on-road tire it is. So being that good regardless of what surface you're on, its meets that perfect balance most car makers look for in a standard tire. Unless you can see them offering a different standard tire.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 11:09 AM

That looks to be pretty good for me. Once they aren't super knobby as that'll make for a noisy, rougher ride, I'll be alright. Don't plan on going off-road too heavily so those should suffice.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM

I've read that Falken all terrain tires performs exceptionally well in bad weather on asphalt, pretty good traction when there's rain, ice, snow on the ground. Shouldn't transfer road irregularities either for a smooth ride.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 03:44 PM

That all sounds good to me, and paired with a good suspension, we should have an even smoother ride. Although I am someone that prefers a bit more stiffness, on an oem level, I would want it to be quite "plush"
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:38 PM

Assuming most people will take long trips in a pickup, would a plush ride not be more appealing? Even better, the tires sounds like they're plenty sticky with great traction, perfect for towing or when the bed is loaded down.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:52 AM

A plush ride would be more appealing for me at least. I do plan on taking extended trips with it from time to time but even for my city driving that is filled with potholes, softer suspension is key to comfort.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
Assuming most people will take long trips in a pickup, would a plush ride not be more appealing? Even better, the tires sounds like they're plenty sticky with great traction, perfect for towing or when the bed is loaded down.
Plush ride quality matters to a slight extent, these Wranglers have so much to offer that ride quality isn't all that much of a priority. Lucky for us due to its natural need for higher profile tires, decent ride quality is a result of it. Much like what you find in a lot of SUV's in the mid-size to large range.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page