Can you identify these tires? - Page 3 - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

a friend of mine typically goes to the smaller insurance companies or asks a relative in a better location if he can use their address, typically that works out well, combine the two and you can get a killer deal.
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:09 AM

Location is a huge kicker. I have a friend that lives on one street, and another friend that literally lives on the street opposite. It's been confirmed that when you cross that street, you'll pay either higher or lower insurance. Serious cut off line lol
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 10:40 AM

Those wheels looks like the ones on the leaked JL Wrangler image, so we should be getting them on the pickup as well and the reshaped fenders should offer more tire clearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 10:48 AM

Which wheels... ?
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

In the original photo of this thread.

Compare those to recent spy shots and you see a lot of similarities. Hopefully what the other forum found is real because so far everything is adding up. The only problem is its still easy for someone to create a rendering like that and pass it off as an official leak
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 AM

I'm not too sure, I don't think the same wheels will be used on the Scrambler. They need something either bigger or beefier, thicker spokes, something. I feel like it'll look weird.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

im with you on that one and it also comes back to them having yet another way to differentiate the JT from the JL, wheels are too easy. Just about all the easy things to change that will give it even stronger truck characteristics will be changed, i'll be surprised if thats not the case. These changes also play right into whats cost efficient to them. Many wins to be had.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:17 PM

But would they not want to test the standard wheels and how it performs on the Scrambler before the final production time? If it's on the test mule, then it'll probably be on the sale model too, or at least something very similar.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Disagree with that completely. You rarely ever really see a test mule running production wheels on it. Until it gets really close and you see pre-production models testing.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Whats most important for them is to test with wheels of the same spec aside from that the design can be whatever they want. Specs are whats important since that plays right into the R&D process. Can't just throw anything on this during development.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page