Start Thinking of Wheels Yet? - Page 4 - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheTop View Post
Maybe some BFG K02s or Pro Comp extremes depending on how far I plan on taking things lol. That being said, if you look at my post from the first page, I'm very undecided. I may end up having to buy 2 completely different sets as I really like a clean type of look, along with a rugged off-road eque sort of thing haha
Now that's a good move to make too bad most of us are looking for that one set which will provide the best of both but of course that's dependent on how sensitive you are to the way certain tires can make ride quality feel on paved roads day in and day out.

Some guys i've seen typically in the city run KO2's, FJ Cruiser owners particularly.

But I heard they wear out fast, are you aware of that?
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:08 AM

From the reviews I've read on them, they generally have a pretty good wear rating, but I'm curious now. I'll do some more checking up on different forums and what not on what owners have been dealing with. Not extremely worried about tread wear though to be real.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

I'm gonna be going with something more-so offroad friendly than comfort daily driver type. Really not too picky when it comes to rolling on some more aggressive tires. Pro comps look promising though
Offroader likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I'm gonna be going with something more-so offroad friendly than comfort daily driver type. Really not too picky when it comes to rolling on some more aggressive tires. Pro comps look promising though
I'm the same way.

If you drive short distances it will be easy to pull off but going on some long road trip might not work out but that all depends on the individual, some people are willing to solider it out just to have that theme 24/7 365
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

I'm one of those people lol. I'll bare with it non-stop. Just because I like to be ready for anything. Never know when you're on a road-trip, see an opening in the bushes and decided to take a little detour and have some fun haha. It's all part of the journey.

I'll worry about comfort later on when my joints, aches, and pains catch up with me.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM

I'm the same way.

With most vehicles i have kept a certain theme with or style, you have to pay that price, its a cost of playing this game that we eventually learn to accept. Most wranglers I see these days are relatively stock so on the flip side there still a lot that just keep it simple. No problem with that.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:31 AM

Well the new Wrangler has a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure light truck tires as a factory option, so we may see the same tires offered for the Scrambler as well.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 04:34 PM

The Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure works fine for me, another question is whether I want to buy an automarket model of wheels or stick with basic wheels. This looks pretty cool, does anyone know how much is the set?

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 03:10 PM

I found Fuel Off-Road D583 Anza with the price tag starting from $232, it varies with the sizes of the wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: png ertgj.png (102.4 KB, 0 views)
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 12:00 PM

Not a bad starting price and for my application I wouldn't be one bit concerned about how strong or weak these wheels are, being mostly street driven with some higher profile tires there's little to worry about, compared to someone with a typical passenger coupe or sedan that would require much lower profile tires.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page