Time To Use Your Imagination... - 2019+ Jeep Gladiator Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Time To Use Your Imagination...

Not long ago we got a look at the Rubicon Spec Wrangler and odds are the Scrambler will get a Rubicon trim because why not? Easiest thing to streamline between these models will be up-fitting them. While we wait for Scrambler Rubicon spy shots, or better yet, official pictures, use your imagination to with the pictures below

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 10:36 AM

I can just see the body get chopped up where the soft top starts and the rear get elongated a bit to become a truck bed. But the unlimited is probably more accurate when it comes to proportions.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 AM

Figured that getting some visuals of the JK8 rubicon would do this thread some good for those not too familiar with it.

Only difference now is we're getting a true truck, but as far as visuals go, this does it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 10:47 AM

The size of that bed makes me think that the JK8 is more of an ute than a pickup, but plenty will disagree with me. That's pretty much what the scrambler could look like, but with a full sized bed.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
The size of that bed makes me think that the JK8 is more of an ute than a pickup, but plenty will disagree with me. That's pretty much what the scrambler could look like, but with a full sized bed.
In a way its like a Tacoma, just a light duty truck, nothing like what we're about to get. What we're about to get is more along the lines of what AEV did but at a much more attainable price.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 10:44 AM

I think the previous Scramblers had a two-row cab and six-foot bed, so we could see something similar to that in the new Wrangler pickup.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:38 PM

Overall it can't be too much different from the Brute and I bet you that Jeep had at least one of those brutes at its R&D facility just to make sure they include everything the public wants from a real Wrangler Truck.

Brute Bed:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 10:53 AM

What do you think the bed will be made of? Aluminum? Steel or some other compound?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:50 AM

I'd prefer to see a composite bed, something akin to what the Honda Ridgeline used. Mostly because of how Honda trolled both Chevy and Ford in a brick drop test.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page